- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
If so, we are looking for Electrical Engineers to join our growing DE&S team based in Bristol.
As Electrical Engineer, you will provide engineering support and assurance on all activities related to electrical power and distribution to a variety of Royal Navy ships and equipment. By joining our team of highly skilled and motivated engineers and specialists, you will help ensure our Royal Navy ships are available and safe to operate.
If you have the knowledge and experience to lead and advise on technical problem solving, then we are really keen to hear from you! In return, we will offer you stability, professional development and the chance to work on high profile and exciting projects, as well as providing a great work/life balance and an array of other benefits that come with being a member of the Civil Service.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
As one of our Electrical Engineers, you will join a large team of likeminded and dedicated engineers, who will support you and share best practice, enabling you to develop a career in Electrical design, testing and/or acceptance. You will work on a variety of unique projects that will challenge you to becoming a subject matter expert in the field.
The responsibilities of these posts will include, but not be limited to:
* Producing technical requirements at product and sub-system levels
* Developing electrical/electronic engineering design solutions for a variety of different platforms across the full engineering lifecycle
* Conducting Engineering calculation, analysis and integration
* Providing assurance that the design conforms to the relevant engineering and build standards, and contractual requirements
* Providing engineering input to the assessment and management of technical risks associated with platform electrical systems
* Supporting, coaching and mentoring apprentices and graduates as and when required
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* A minimum of a HNC qualification (e.g., Level 4) in Electrical Engineering, or other suitable discipline, OR demonstrate suitable relevant experience
* Electrical design or electrical engineering experience
* Experience working with stakeholders, suppliers and subject matter experts
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Experience from working in a highly regulated industry
* Experience writing safety cases or producing safety artefacts for Electrical equipment
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Requirements, Evaluation & Acceptance
* Improve Engineering Capability
* Making effective decisions
* Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
Please note, our salary bands are under review and may increase. If the outcome of the review results in an increase in the minimum salary and your salary offer falls below the new minimum, your salary will be increased to the new amount from your contracted start date. If the new minimum is less than the salary you are offered, the original salary offer will be retained.
We're exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
Selection process details
e and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV. Your application will go through several stages of assessment which are outlined below:
1. Pre-sift - We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
2. Sift - Your CV will be assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system:
* Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
3. Interview - If you are invited to interview, you will be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the technical competencies and behaviours listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the EUSS
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.