- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
We would particularly welcome applications from individuals with experience in mechanical engineering, marine engineering and/or electronics.
Our ships department is growing and, as a result, many of the specific teams are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Engineers to join us to help provide support across a range of platforms, including hydrographic and patrol vessels, hunt class vessels and new surface ships.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
As one of our Junior Engineers, depending on team allocation your responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Supporting the development and maintenance of requirements for a sub-system including its in-service support
* Collecting, collating and evaluating technical data to support the management of engineering technical requirement
* Providing support in the development and / or acceptance of a sub-system
* Supporting disposals and decommissioning of basic equipment
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will hold a minimum of a HNC qualification (e.g., Level 4) in an Engineering discipline, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
* You will have experience in mechanical engineering, marine engineering and/or electronics
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Decision Making
* Improve Engineering Capability
* Communicating and influencing
* Working together
What's in it for you?
Please note, our salary bands are under review and may increase. If the outcome of the review results in an increase in the minimum salary and your salary offer falls below the new minimum, your salary will be increased to the new amount from your contracted start date. If the new minimum is less than the salary you are offered, the original salary offer will be retained.
We're exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. To help us do this, we particularly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people, and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Selection process details
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV. Your application will go through several stages of assessment which are outlined below:
1. Pre-sift - We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
2. Sift - Your CV will be assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system:
* Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
3. Interview - If you are invited to interview, you will be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the technical competencies and behaviours listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the EUSS
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals