- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Reports to: Head of Bids
Reports to: Head of Bids
Our client is a systems design and manufacturing company that specialises in the protection of electronic equipment in harsh environments. The company has a history that extends back over 100 years, and has an enviable pedigree in the supply of rugged technology across the world.
The company is based in Poole, Dorset, in a purpose-built facility that allows the company's full range of design disciplines and advanced manufacturing techniques to be carried out on one site. Although our client has in-depth expertise that can be applied in any number of specialist areas, the company is renowned for the development and manufacture of innovative, purpose built, rugged multi-function consoles, electronic cabinets, racks and enclosures, flat panel displays and Impressed Current Cathodic Protection (ICCP) systems.
- The key element of the role is to support the Head of Bids in delivering annual orders by successful management of Bids and processing Purchase Orders.
- Plan, lead, Organize and Control Customer RFQ requirements to accurately define all costs and risks involved whilst maximizing the Company's opportunity of securing the contract
- The compilation of tender and bid documents in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible for generating detailed cost models for the tender or bid
- Manage associated risk and opportunities
- Undertake the preparation and execution of Bids within the agreed timescales and in accordance with company procedures
- To liaise and negotiate, in collaboration with the Head of Bids and / or Managing Director and / or Business Development Managers, with customers and suppliers as necessary for the success of the tender or bid
- Process Purchase Orders in accordance with company procedures, risks and objectives are clearly defined
- Comply with all relevant internal policies and processes
- Duties include reading and interpreting Statement of Works, Procurement Specifications, engineering drawings and bill of materials. Generation of accurate labour and material estimates
- Prepare estimates using business system databases, liaising directly with supply chain obtaining compliant supplier quotations.
- Enquiry management, booking in and out enquiries/quotes
- Liaison with internal stakeholders such as design, operations, manufacturing, quality and programme management functions for tender preparation
- Ensure that all work is carried out in adherence with published KPI's and company values
- To work outside regular office hours when necessary to ensure deadlines are met
- Travel both within the UK and overseas, including travel/work outside normal office hours as necessary
Person specification / personal attributes:
- Proven track record of in delivering complex bids & tenders.
- Ability to lead a Bid Team working in a high-pressure environment to demanding deadlines
- Ability to understand and articulate key market issues, complex product functionality and customer requirements
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- High-level of proficiency across the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Have knowledge of Project
- Good analytical skills, ability to plan, scope and generate complex proposals and bid packages.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Capability to establish credibility and rapport with key business stakeholders
Knowledge & Experience;
- Proven experience within a complex engineering and projects led business.
- Expertise in the delivery of demanding bids and proposals to strict timescales and standards.
- Financial awareness (project finance and budgeting), commercial management (development and negotiation of proposals) and/or estimating experience
- High-level of proposal writing skills.
- NVQ Level 4, i.e., a relevant technical qualification or appropriate experience