- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Leading main contracting organisation seeks to employ a proven Quantity Surveyor who has a strong knowledge of target cost contracts within an infrastructure project environment in a permanent opportunity based in Manchester.
Leading main contracting organisation seeks to employ a proven Quantity Surveyor who has a strong knowledge of target cost contracts within an infrastructure project environment in a permanent opportunity based in Manchester. This is an excellent opportunity to join an employee focused organisation who currently turnover circa £200 million who have a secured order book to cover the next 5- 6 years minimum. This leading organisation has their own established Commercial Academy that enables them to continually develop your skills both professionally and academically.
As Quantity Surveyor you will join an established £35million turnover business unit where you will reporting into a Senior Quantity Surveyor and work on fast paced, dynamic projects which will have a positive impact on the UK public.
You will be responsible for supporting the financial effectiveness and profitability of various projects and work packages where required through diligent application of proper contractual and commercial practices, with the careful management of risk.
- Maximise the financial effectiveness and profitability of the project through diligent application of proper contractual and commercial practices
- Efficiently direct and manage the commercial resource within their section, during the pre-construction & construction phases to ensure success of the project
- Contribute to the commercial function to ensure the business objectives are met
- Ability to feedback to line manager on areas for development within the project strategy
- Negotiating with client representatives, sub-contractors and other consultants
- Plan, monitor and support operations, encourage 'best practice'
- Supporting the achievement of development needs of line reports are met and influencing the development of the wider commercial function
- Ensure the preparation of monthly contract review reports and project management accounts information
- Assist with the business planning process
- To encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved by rigidly managing records, contractual notifications, change control, etc
- To ensure that best commercial practices are identified, shared and implemented.
To be considered for the role of Quantity Surveyor, candidates must have
strong knowledge of target cost contracts within an infrastructure (ideally rail) project environment. You must be able to work on your own and as part of a team.
In return you will be offered a salary of up to £45,000 (dependant on experience) accompanied with a company car or allowance, 25 day holiday, attractive pension and healthcare.
To apply is easy, contact Oli at Resourcing Solutions for more info or juts simply apply online.