- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Planning Engineer - Highways (Permanent or Contract)
Leading civil engineering contracting organisation seeks a proven Planning Engineer with experience of working on major highways projects to join their team based in Essex.
Leading civil engineering contracting organisation seeks a proven Planning Engineer with experience of working on major highways projects to join their team based in Essex. Ideally you will be from an engineering / site background and developed your career into planning so you understand the constructability of projects. Ideally this leading brand is looking for someone on a permanent basis but will also consider someone looking for contract work.
Reporting into the Planning Manager you will be responsible for leading the planning of the project programme of works on a a road improvement scheme and other coming on line soon. Other responsibilities will include:
- Manage the interface between the programme and the operational staff through structured meetings, programme and progress reporting;
- Highlight both the dependencies and the interfaces between stakeholders;
- Identify programme risks and propose mitigation strategies;
- Identify programme opportunities and propose capture strategies;
- Maintain a fully logically linked Primavera P6 project programme;
- Ensure the schedule is resourced (plant and personnel) and update to reflect modifications in execution strategy. This will require close work with the project delivery team to regularly maintain the status of the programme;
- Provide regular updates to the programme to allow project staff to plan their works;
- Update and report progress of the project at regular intervals to the Planning Manager and Project Manager;
- Reporting on key resources including staff; operatives, key plant and equipment, supply chain and other project milestones to allow the project to proceed in accordance with the baseline;
- Provide the appropriate programming, management and interfaces between business functions and the delivery team to ensure that contractual milestones in all sections of the project delivery programme are understood, monitored and adhered to in a controlled and appropriately timely manner.
- Assist in the evaluation of early warnings and preparation of compensation events and impact assessments;
- Ensure that the established planning and scheduling methodology as per the latest issued Planning Procedure is followed;
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly programme report and dashboards and associated supporting information.
To be considered for the role candidates will need to have:
- Ideally a degree or HNC in a construction subject
- Ideally a career that has seen you start in a construction / engineering role which has then developed into planning
- Proven experience of Planning Tools such as Primavera P6 within a highways environment
- Experience of working with the NEC form of contract
- Working experience of Project Management methodology
- Proven ability in working with engineering / operational teams to capture real time progress.
In return you will be offered an attractive starting salary accompanied with an excellent benefits package .
For more info contact Oli or just simply apply online.