Networkers & Resourcing Solutions join forces with Matchtech to tackle the STEM skills gap.
Specialist technology recruitment company Networkers and rail recruitment company Resourcing Solutions have joined forces with Matchtech to adopt their brand and help them become the STEM (science, technology, engineering & mathematics) talent partner of choice.
Matchtech has nearly 4 decades of experience in engineering recruitment. By bringing the capabilities and experience of Networkers and Resourcing Solutions into its brand, Matchtech will be better equipped to tackle the STEM skills shortages and fulfil its purpose to ‘build a better future – one job at a time’.
Watch the short video below and continue reading to find out more about the change.
How will Networkers strengthen Matchtech?
Matchtech has been synonymous with engineering skills recruitment for nearly 4 decades, but it’s been clear for some time that the traditional skills areas of technology and engineering have been converging. As the skills landscape continues to evolve at pace, our customers increasingly need a blend of digital, engineering and technology skills in their business and it will be harder to differentiate between them.
By adding Networkers’ tech recruitment capability into the Matchtech brand, we are making it easier for customers to access a broader range of tech talent and jobs, with expertise across a range of systems, applications, and programming languages in an array of technical sectors.
How will Resourcing Solutions strengthen Matchtech?
As part of the same group of specialist staffing companies, Matchtech & Resourcing Solutions have worked closely since 2017, providing a complementary offering across both rail design and rail site works.
Both Matchtech and Resourcing Solutions are proud to have connected candidates with clients in the rail industry for over 25 years and supplied talent to all the UK’s major projects, including HS2, Crossrail, Bank Station Capacity Upgrade, Victoria Station Upgrade, Northern Line Extension, Transpennine Upgrade, East West Rail and Wales & Borders.
As a combined force, the companies will only strengthen their capability in the rail industry, offering both clients and candidates an excellent service and expert understanding of projects, skills demands and talent trends.
Tackling the skills gap to build STEM futures
Research undertaken by STEM Learning indicates that 89% of STEM businesses have found it difficult to recruit staff with the required skills in the last 12 months, leading to a current shortfall of over 173,000 workers – an average of 10 unfilled roles per business. This marks a 14% increase from 2019.
By adding more critical technology, digital and rail capabilities, Matchtech is much better positioned to tackle this challenge and support its customers.
Throughout the course of 2023, Matchtech plans to launch an array of programmes to champion the role of STEM in building tomorrow’s world, increase awareness around the skills gap, raise the profile of STEM careers and break down barriers for underrepresented communities within the field.
What will this mean for customers?
The change will only bring improve the experience for the customer community. The same great recruitment consultants will be delivering the same expert technology & rail recruitment services, simply badged as Matchtech.
Not only that, but the change will deliver:
- Complete coverage of technology and engineering vacancies through a single partner and contractual entity. By adding Networkers’ tech recruitment capability into the Matchtech brand, we are making it easier for customers to access a broader range of tech talent and jobs, with expertise across a range of systems, applications, and programming languages in an array of technical sectors.
- A leading force in Rail. By adding Resourcing Solutions’ rail capability into the Matchtech brand, we will become a leading recruitment supplier in the rail industry, offering both clients and candidates an excellent service and expert understanding of projects, skills demands and talent trends.
- Better reach – focusing our investment on the Matchtech brand will give our consultants better access to the diverse, skilled candidate communities on behalf of employers.
- A brand-new website with an improved user interface and user experience – optimised for connecting more jobseekers with more employers.
- Simplified, quicker processes for finding, onboarding and paying contractors and transacting with businesses, as well as increased investment into safety & compliance processes to keep contractors safe and continue to drive high standards.
- A consistent, best-practice service: Matchtech’s contractors and candidates rated their service as 8.3 out of 10
Find out more
All key communities have been kept in the loop as we prepared for the changes, which went live on 22 May 2023.
To find out more about the change please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.