- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Now available on-demand
In celebration of Black History month and our recent partnership with AFBE-UK (Association For Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers), we hosted a free webinar to bring to life the contribution of BME engineers and scientists to the world.
Robin Walker ‘The Black History Man’, joined us to tell the story of black history in STEM.
The story begins in early West Africa, where individuals were engaged in metallurgy, glassmaking, scientific and mathematical activities, and made great strides in medicine.
Mass enslavement resulted in the trafficking of Africans to the Americas, and with it, technological transfers from Africa to the Americas.
What were these transfers?
The presentation concludes with the brilliant and inspiring story of Africans in North America and the UK and their contributions to science and invention.
This event is suitable for anyone with an interest in Black History in STEM (science, technology, engineering & mathematics) skills.