Find your future role
Mechanical Design Engineer (All Levels)
We have the opportunity to join an award-winning business, who have a number of successions as a thriving and successful business in the Engineering and Technology Sector!
Key skills required for this role
Mechanical Design, CREO, Defence, 3D CAD, Aerospace
3D CAD Design
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
The company are an award winning business, with most recently receiving accreditation for two Gold awards with Investors in People. The awards are "We invest in people" and "We invest in wellbeing". These awards are a true testament to the organisation the supportive culture within the company.
This role is open to Junior - Principal experience.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to join an award winning business, who really care about their people!
- Working within a high performing multi-disciplinary team environment on challenging engineering problems across the product life cycle with training provided on specific aspects of system design.
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
- The role provides fantastic opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation. You will also have the opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified with experience in Mechanical Design and Development in one of the following areas; Mechanisms, Structures, Assembly and Integration, Concept down selection and development.
- The ability to lead mechanical design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Awareness of proving and qualification activities to ensure compliance against requirements.
- Robust design experience across the Product Life Cycle (CADMID)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- Experience of supplier engagement and development across internal and external multi-disciplinary teams.
- Awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- An understanding of structural/thermal/dynamic analysis would be advantageous.
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given)
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
For full information, please get in touch!