Find your future role
Project Engineering Manager
Looking to work for a Global High Tech company? The business are key players in the Aerospace and Defence sector and have been awarded the "Gold level accreditation for the investors in people award!
Key skills required for this role
project/ engineer/ manager/ systems
Project Engineering Manager
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
"Gold level accreditation for the investors in people award! A testament to the success and value throughout the company!" The company have been recognised as a fantastic business to work for and additionally value employee recognition and are proud members of the 5% club, building and developing their workforce throughout!
Reporting to the Head of Engineering Projects, the Project Engineering Manager is responsible for:
- Management of multi-disciplined engineering teams across multiple projects and potentially multiple partners external
- Working closely with Project Managers and Project Engineering Leads, they are responsible for delivery of the overall engineering output against time, cost and performance budgets.
- Effectively plan and manage the engineering effort within any projects they are supervising directly from a performance, schedule and cost perspective. They also must support their subordinate Project Engineering Leads to do the same.
- The generation of clear and relevant engineering plans, establishing key milestones and identifying risks, opportunities and interdependencies.
- Supporting and supervising any subordinate Project Engineering Leads to ensure that their projects are effectively managed
- The preparation and communication of monthly engineering status reports for each of their assigned projects and those of their subordinates into their line manager, the Head of Engineering Projects.
- The coordination of engineering input into bids as part of the business winning process.
- This role sits on the multi-functional management team of the Mission Systems Business Area, representing engineering on that team at weekly and monthly progress and reporting meetings.
Skills & Experience:
The following skills and experience are required:
- Educated to a degree level in an engineering-related subject (essential)
- Significant previous experience of managing and/or leading multi-disciplined engineering teams (essential)
- Strong understanding and proven track record of engineering lifecycles and processes on technically complex development projects (essential)
- Previous experience in the management and coordination of external partners (essential)
- Previous experience of being a leader of leaders (desirable)
- A strong understanding and experience of EW (Electronic Warfare) technology, RF Systems, integration of vehicle systems and high software content developments (desirable)
- Experience of working within the defence industry (desirable)
For full information, please get in touch: 01489873494
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.