Find your future role
|Contract 12 month+
Our client is looking for an Arboriculture Specialist to join a busy team on a contract basis starting in October.
Key skills required for this role
- This role is OUTSIDE IR35 (Can you use your own limited company)
- To provide professional, accurate advice to line manager, County and District members and to in house client staff
- To attend countywide sites, to assess tree condition and necessary works and advise
- To instruct works to our tree
- To manage own site inspection workl
- To advise on development schemes, 8278, 838 and planning
- To remain up to date with current industry legislation and
- To maintain good communication between the client and
- To meet project deadlines and provide accurate and proportionate arboriculture advice.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Level 4 minimum e.g. The National Diploma in Arboriculture / Horticulture, Arboriculture Association Technicians Certificate, or equivalent. (and if not held, the post holder would be expected to work towards achieving the appropriate qualification)
- Arboriculture experience, with particular experience in tree work or planting, according to post, together with relevant practical
- A practical knowledge is required of: tree biology and structure, plant identification, tree pests and diseases, law in relation to trees on the Highway, planting practices and standards, Arboricultural costings, the environmental impact on and of trees, and an awareness of current
- The ability to manage and prioritise own workload within targets set by Arboricultural
- The ability to work using own initiative, computer literacy sufficient to allow use of computerised inspection systems, records, works ordering, e-mails etc., good verbal and written communication skills (to other organisations and the public, and reports to colleagues)
Working conditions / environment:
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role, which includes travel to sometimes hard to reach locations
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.