Find your future role
|Job type||Contract 18 months|
This is an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Controller to work on turnaround / shutdown projects at the Fawley oil refinery and petrochemical complex.
Key skills required for this role
Quantity Surveyor, QS, Cost Engineer, Cost Controller, Junior Quantity Surveyor
Demonstrable experience as a Quantity Surveyor with mechanical equipment knowledge within the process industries.
This is an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Controller to work on turnaround / shutdown project at the Fawley oil refinery and petrochemical complex.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience as a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Controller and will manage the costs of mechanical equipment. You will ideally have an understanding of TG20 guidelines. The role and responsibilities will include:
- Checking mechanical estimates from subcontractors.
- Validating unit rates (and lump sum and day work rates where necessary) and assist in all measures and checks associated with the contracts.
- Conducting monthly QS checks e.g. as built vs scope, as billed vs as built, field checks & measures, coincident working check, appropriate use of rates etc.
- Review quotes and scopes to ensure fit for purpose and where required provide technical support / guidance.
- The role will involve some field checks and verifications.
Candidates must have demonstrable experience as a Quantity Surveyor and or Cost Controller on large scale engineering projects and should ideally be familiar with mechanical equipment used in the process industries. Candidates with process industry experience will be ideal, e.g.refinery, oil & gas, chemical manufacturing, nuclear, water or pharmaceutical.
This role is Inside IR35. The rates advertised are Umbrella. We can also pay the successful candidate on a PAYE basis. Details can be discussed upon application.