Find your future role
Security Assurance Manager
|Location||Greater Manchester, England|
The company are a a multi-national group, being No 1 in Europe for what they do! With a number of awards and recognitions, with great career progression and opportunities across the business!
Key skills required for this role
Security Assurance, Cyber , IT Engineering
Security Assurance Manager
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance, and as a minimum be living in the UK 5 years. .
Working: Flexible working hours and some remote working potentials where possible.
It's no wonder, they have been among the winners of the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Awards, 2022, and most recently receiving three accreditation gold standard awards with Investors in People!
"Interesting work. Good work-life balance. Employees made to feel valued." Software Engineer, 5 Dec 2022. *Glassdoor review.
"Promotes and believes in a good work/life balance Interesting work on most programmes Encourages internal mobility. Offers good development/training opportunities" Principal Systems Engineer, 19 Dec 2022. *Glassdoor review.
Delivering a technical security consultancy service to the business including architecture and solution suitability. Having the opportunity to work with different areas of the business you'll work proactively to coordinate and build relationships with the Principle Cyber and Information Security Advisor for all required accreditation activities.
Do you want to be the lead in a crucial and exciting role within in our client's Security team? If so then this position as Security Assurance Manager could be just for you. Working on behalf of the UK CISO, you will be the local security leader and expert in all elements of security.
Ensuring your allocated areas continuously align to the business Security Strategy and Polices, Customer's Security Policies, expectations, all applicable laws and regulations. Updating ISO 27001 documentation with any changes and ensure all policies, processes, procedures and technical infrastructure remains compliant.
As part of the new incoming MOD Continuous Accreditation Process (CAP), your role as the first line representative for your areas of responsibility will be key. Tasked with leading all change management activities, you will ensure all change remains appropriate and complaint with policies. Delivering a technical security consultancy service to the business including architecture and solution suitability. Having the opportunity to work with different areas of the business you'll work proactively to coordinate and build relationships with the Principle Cyber and Information Security Advisor for all required accreditation activities.
In the event of a security related incident your role will be critical in leading the response, business continuity and disaster recovery for your area. As well as the above you'll coordinate and action all technical security testing to be conducted within your areas, as well as maintaining upward reporting to the company's UK Directors on the results.
- Knowledge of National Security requirements for systems processing classified UK government data along with security risk management
- Comfortable with establishing and managing relationships with national security authorities and industry partners
- Experienced knowledge of modern hacking tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Expert in security concepts for IT network architectures, applications, cloud services and hardening of operating systems
- Ability to present risk balanced security solutions to problems and provide clear advice directly to Directors
- Background in managing and developing inexperienced IT Engineers
- Ideally a knowledge of system accreditation and the approvals process for government encryption and networks
- Knowledge of business IT processes and associated approval systems
- Desirable: CISSP, InfoSec/Cyber Degree
For full information, please get in touch!