Find your future role
Plater Fabricators (BAE087966)
|Job type||Contract 4 months|
Plater - BAE - Aircraft Carrier - Prince OF Wales
PAYE - £18.86 - £30.03
Umbrella - £24.52 - £38.90
Key skills required for this role
Plater - Defence - Shipyard - BAE - Aircraft Carrier
Plater - BAE systems - 4 months - Rosyth
Understand and follow written and/or oral instructions
* Understand and follow health & safety arrangements
* Interpret and work from drawings and guidance as required
* Have all the basic hand skills, i.e. burning & chamfering of various gauges and types of plate.
* Tack welding and short run fillet welding (Training/Qualification can be provided)
* Accurate marking off using measuring tools, being familiar with the use of straight edges, sprit levels, set squares, chalk/string lines, plumb bobs etc.
* Ability to use a Dumpy level and laser plane level
* Correct use of grinders and associated consumables whilst adhering to the HAVS regulations
* Experience in use of strong-backs and fairing aids to prevent distortion.
* Bending and forming of various gauges and types of plate
* Have and understanding of Q.C inspection or process experience
* There may be occasions when you would be asked to work/travel outside of the main