Find your future role
Project Manager 1
Are you the best at what you do?
Want to work for the leading engineering firm that appreciates that?
We are seeking a Project Manager for our Distribution Design Dept. to focus on our Major Projects/DOT.
Key skills required for this role
Project Manager, DOT, Power Distribution, Engineering, Construction, Major Projects, Utility Industry, Scheduling, Workflow, Quality Control, Hybrid, Flex Schedule,
Project Manager, DOT, Power Distribution, Engineering, Construction, Major Projects, Utility Industry, Scheduling, Workflow, Quality Control, Hybrid, Flex Schedule
Position Overview: Assures quality workmanship and on time delivery to the client for all projects assigned. Responsibility includes the efficient utilization of resources to enhance the return on investment of these resources. The PM does not have the authority to hire or terminate employees. Generally, hiring, termination, and reprimanding of employees will be the responsibility of the AM/DM/RVP.
The incumbent's primary responsibility is to accomplish the assigned task within the parameters of quality and acceptable time frames which are acceptable to the client and the company.
Duties & Responsibilities: This position is subject to supervision of progress and results. Among the incumbent's major responsibilities are the following:
- The incumbent will adhere to and be a strong advocate for the company's core values to both employees and our client(s).
- Energetically support the organization's vision and strategy and demonstrate initiative and personal accountability to meet work demands according to the highest standard.
- Exhibit the highest day to day standards and demonstrate the highest level of business ethics and consistently adheres to and promotes key values and principles in all transactions.
- Direct project supervision and project workflow.
- Maintain proper levels of quality control.
- Meet all project schedules.
- Efficient utilization of resources.
- Communicate project status to management and to the client.
- Develop project specifications and implement practices which will achieve defined objectives to the satisfaction of the client and of management.
- Additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- Maintain working knowledge of utility company policy and procedures in order to communicate effectively with various professional staffs from client companies.
- Be well versed in the basic tenants of line construction and maintenance. Must have a working knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code and the ability to recognize distribution equipment and associated hazards.
- Be held accountable for maintaining all confidences regarding highly sensitive and proprietary information.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Excellent organizational and planning skill
- Demonstrated skills in verbal/written communications
- Demonstrated negotiating and decision-making skill
- Demonstrated management and business skills
- Demonstrated skills in providing leadership, motivation, vision, and direction
- High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Proven success in developing and maintaining customer relationships
- High commitment to achieving goals and plans
** Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status**
Education Licensing and Experience:
- Graduate with 2-year degree.
- Preferred - Engineering Technology or related field
- Minimum of 2-years of related communications or utility distribution experience.
- 2-years of leadership
- Work independently
- Customer Oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.