Find your future role
Senior Planning and Monitoring Professional - Controls (Risk)
|Job type||Contract 6 Months|
Matchtech is currently recruiting for a Project Manager (Risk) on behalf of a large MOD contractor.
Key skills required for this role
Project Management, Planning, Monitoring, Risk Management
Senior Planning, Monitoring & Control Professional - (Risk) - 6 - month contract - Barrow-in- Furness - £52.78 UMB p/h or £40.00 PAYE p/h
Senior Planning, Monitoring & Control Professional - (Risk) - 6 - month contract - Barrow-in- Furness - £52.78 UMB p/h or £40.00 PAYE p/h (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e., the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
The individual in this role will manage the PM&C processes of a small project, or a part of a larger, more complex project, (such as a particular work package), or will support a Project Manager with aspects of managing PM&C on a larger project.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Perform intermediate project reporting & scheduling.
- Able to undertake intermediate problem solving typically based on previous experience.
- Have a good knowledge of Business processes and procedures.
- Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/ Microsoft packages.
- Attend on the job training as appropriate.
- Able to lead the PM&C processes on a small non-complex project or a work package of a larger project.
- Able to manage the PM&C processes on a full project life-cycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved.
- Identify, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Applies appropriate PM&C methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Agrees PM&C approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Consolidate expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of PM&C policies, processes, procedures and systems.
- Comprehensive PM&C experience demonstrated in a professional capacity within a project.
- Good knowledge and understanding of their projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of one or more PM&C tools techniques and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Business environment for their project.
- Knowledge and experience of PM governance and assurance processes such as Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs).
- Experience of influencing stakeholders typically inside the company to achieve Business success.
- Good understanding of the wider PM&C environment, and of developments and practices in the field.
- Good understanding of own project/s, its markets, customers, strategic priorities and culture.
- Knowledge acquired through job related training and on the job experience with theoretical and practical skills.
- Experience of building relationships and negotiating outcomes with internal stakeholders.
SC + ITAR
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working on-site. You will need to obtain a BPSS check as part of this process. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct and/or indirect access to ITAR Material which means there are restrictions on dual nationals. Therefore, you must hold a British Nationality to apply for this role. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.