- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client, a leading supplier of products and services to the Aerospace industry, are currently looking for a Welder to join them on a permanent basis out of their site in Hamble near Southampton, Hampshire.
A skilled aerospace Welder / Brazer in the sheet details department. The successful applicant will have completed an NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in engineering processes such as mechanical or aeronautical engineering and have basic understanding of materials utilised in the aviation industry and related processes.
Role Specific Duties
Will include but is not limited to:
- The ability to manually TIG weld various types of metallic components including aluminium alloys, in accordance with aerospace standards.
- Have held certification in accordance with, or equivalent to CAA's BCAR A8-10.
- Undertake other welding methods to support the business when necessary.
- Set up and operate automatic seam welding equipment and undertake any necessary post weld validation.
- To operate as part of a team and working closely with quality and engineering.
- To adopt a positive and 'can do' attitude to problem solving.
- Process, interpret and evaluate components to customer specifications.
- To read work instructions, specifications and part drawings (accessed via PC)
- A working understanding of the NADCAP accreditation process.
- Must have the capability to carry out manual brazing and OA welding techniques on aluminium alloys.
- Will be subject to successful approval of periodic welding / brazing test pieces as required
- Skilled operator having completed an NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification, ideally a Diploma in Fabrication and Welding Engineering
- Methodical and great attention to detail
- Proven understanding of engineering documents
- Basic IT skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to actively participate in a team culture
- To be able to work with minimal supervision