- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
DSEAR Process Safety Engineer
Our client are looking for an experienced DSEAR Engineer to assess compliance of their water treatment sites across London, and manage required corrective actions.
- Take a lead role in all site surveys and report on non-compliances
- Manage review and update of Explosion Protection Documents (EPD) and Hazardous Area Plans (HAP)
- Coordinate work programmes with team members to deliver corrective actions
- Give feedback into the continuous improvement of the work stream
- Maintain documentation and document management system
- Excellent understanding of the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR), associated standards and approved Codes of Practice,
- Proven experience in Process Safety Management or DSEAR risk assessment gained from a high hazard industry (COMAH regulated), including the of Hazardous Areas Classification and zoning.
- Ideally 3 years in the water sector, or other process related industries.
- Experience in site surveying, working in an explosion safety engineering environment, checking effectiveness of control measures
- Knowledge of electrical equipment for use in potentially flammable atmospheres.
- CompEx F and IECEx 001 and 002 qualifications are a plus.
- Communication skills such that highly technical information can be communicated in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to understand and practically discuss the relevant aspects of technical and process safety related investigations and documentation i.e. Engineering Risk Assessment/Safety Reviews, Functional Design Specifications, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Electrical/Loop drawings etc