- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Maintenance Methods Engineer
To formally define standard practices and processes concerning the Maintenance of
Production Equipment across site and ensuring all activities are aligned to the business
strategy and Company values.
* Produce Planned Maintenance schedules for preventive maintenance operations to ensure
equipment is robust & able to meet demands of manufacturing requirements.
* Define and update preventive maintenance plans, based on analysis and requirements (HSE,
Quality, Manufacturer data & Machine histories).
* To liaise with all Manufacturing departments across the business to agree an achievable
Predictive & Preventative plan for the team
* Standardise requirements and ensure the necessary availability of spare parts for Equipment
* Maintain Criticality Machine & 'ABC' Register identifying obsolescent equipment and
supporting Capital Expenditure plans.
* Support ad hoc requests from Site Facilities when required to support business needs.
* Progress and fully support CMMS system by use of Work Orders, Inventory control,
Predictive & Preventative Maintenance.
* To develop, implement and communicate all KPI's for measures of performance within CMMS
system, MTBF, MTTR, OEE, performance of Class 'A' machines on site.
* Provide input for Investments in new Equipment / Machinery including upgrades to legacy
* To interface with internal and external customers as appropriate regarding Maintenance
* Develop Prevention plans with outside maintenance providers.
* Develop & Schedule rollout of TPM Projects
Additional description Day Shift
Security Clearance requried
Travel specifictity Rarely. Once or twice a year.
Candidate skills & requirements Technical competencies:
* Knowledge of the structure of Preventive Maintenance plans.
* Knowledge of Quality, continuous improvement and risk analysis tools
(Lean, 5s, 6 Sigma, PFMEA).
* Awareness of HSE regulations & compliance of Machines, Processes & products.
* Trouble shooting methods / analysis tools.
* Problem solving techniques
* Project management skills
* Proficient user of Microsoft applications.