Find your future role
Field Service Engineer
Looking to join an Innovative company? The company not only produce products which are used in some of the most challenging environments in the world but have a number of awards under their belt!
Key skills required for this role
Field Service, Engineering, Electrical
Field Service Engineer, Electrical
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
"Great company with wide and varied opportunities, lots of interesting projects and very talented people to learn from and grow from" Dec 2021 *Glassdoor review
"Dynamic, Agile company with good career opportunities" July 2021 *Glassdoor review
The company develop niche solutions for harsh environments across a wide product range, covering electric field sensors for deep ocean exploration to high power electric motors and converters for a range of customers.
The Field Service Engineer will undertake a broad range of "hands-on" electrical engineering activity and the associated office-based tasks in support of the Company's range of in-service products. The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven track record of working in similar in-service technical support environments. The role offers significant challenges and considerable personnel development as the company continues to grow within the After Sales market. A high degree of customer interaction will be required. Working with specialists from other engineering departments, the candidate will be called upon to provide on-site and office based technical advice and assistance to customers.
Although based at the main facility in Staffordshire, the role will require regular travel within the UK and occasional overseas to support our equipment, often at short notice and at weekends.
- Successfully support the portfolio of in-service equipment, which are predominantly within the marine environment, both military and civilian, and include power control and electrical systems, in addition support rail power systems.
- Provide on-site and office based technical advice and assistance to customers.
- Undertake electrical/electronic maintenance, repair and testing of company products - in the field and in the factory.
- Fault finding to sub assembly level and the fault diagnosis and repair of power conversion equipment, inverters and drives.
- Site visits and project work, as dictated by customer demands.
- Writing method statements, risk assessments and technical visit reports.
- Carry out other duties that may be required by the Operations Director in support of departmental activities.
- Minimum HNC in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent.
- Proven hands-on technical skills and experience of maintaining, repairing and testing electronic and/or electrical equipment
- Proven fault finding skills.
- Technically capable and confident, able to work autonomously to meet demanding technical timescales and pressures.
- Ability to produce clear, concise and detailed technical reports.
- Ability to write and review Risk and Method Statements (RAMS).
- Adaptable and flexible team worker with an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Willing and enthusiastic to learn and apply new technical knowledge of Company's products.
- Willing and able to travel, often at short notice, both within the UK and occasionally overseas.
- Ability to obtain SC clearance.
- Full UK driving license.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of maritime environment..
For full information, please get in touch!