Find your future role
We are looking for ambitious, enthusiastic, and passionate Project Engineers who take pride in their work, to join our Friendly Engineering Team at Eaton MSD Wimborne.
Key skills required for this role
complex systems, product life cycle
This is a full time permanent position based in Wimborne Dorset, working a 37hour week Hybrid, with an option of working a 9 day fortnight (every other Friday off!)
As a Project Engineer at Eaton MSD Wimborne, you will be working across the full product life cycle, so previous experience of this would be a must. You will be communicating across varying levels inside and outside of the business and at times you will act as the Technical Lead, providing advice and guidance at every step of the way.
As a Project Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Being responsible for planning the engineering tasks and generation of engineering management plans
- Executing all stages of system lifecycle like, requirements management, validation, systems design, development, integration, verification and qualification as per the company standard processes and customer requirements
- Converting customer and other stakeholder requirements to define, analyse and inform the total project solution.
- Managing engineering change to ensure system integrity all through the life-cycle, and ensuring traceability of all key design decisions.
- Providing support in all areas of the product lifecycle and deliver a totally integrated solution.
- Planning and scheduling engineering design gate reviews, engage with other functions e.g. airworthiness, safety to ensure the project delivery milestones are fully met.
- Managing technical risks and opportunities that may have a direct / indirect effect on the delivery of the project and system.
- Liaising with the engineering leadership and programme management teams to ensure the project is adequately resourced and support to identify any potential capability shortfalls
- Driving continuous improvement and incorporate effective systems engineering management practices
- Apply standard engineering principles to a variety of well-defined problems of various complexity
- Engage with stakeholders (both internal and external) to identify project and system requirements, ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives.
- Be responsible for the generation, monitoring and verification of the system requirements, including compliance with legislative & regulatory requirements.
- Drive the definition and agreement of system design and development work packages and develop systems engineering management plan by working with other engineering disciplines, customers, and suppliers.
- Support system level investigations and generate, review, and approve change, conformance and failure documentation, maintaining perspective on the project and system requirements.
- Manage technical risks and opportunities that may have a direct / indirect effect on the delivery of the system.
- Provide support in all areas of the system design & development and bid support activities.
What you will get from us
- Support working towards your chartership (e.g. IMechE, RAeS or IET)
- An annual membership for a relevant institution will be reimbursed
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension with employee contribution up to 5% and Company contributions up to 8% of salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Funding towards health care plan
- Access to flexible benefits including health care, buying / selling holiday
- Access to salary sacrifice scheme for electric cars for personal use
- 3 x life insurance
Eaton MSD is based in Wimborne, close to Bournemouth and Poole, on the south coast. On site, we have our offices, assembly line and test facilities (Air to air refuelling and hose contact rig, weapons release test house, and Hardware-in-Loop capabilities ), As well as a large café area and free onsite parking.
Privacy Statement: All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI). This role will be subject to baseline security clearance and ITAR restrictions as part of the recruitment process.If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered.Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day.We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed, We are proud to be an inclusive company, with a real family feel.In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it's in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.This role will be subject to baseline security clearance and ITAR restrictions.