Find your future role
Simulation Software Engineer C#
Having placed someone in to this team late last year we now have 2 more roles open. Feedback from the candidate has been excellent and they're really enjoying it so far. There is also exceptional flexibility & hybrid working available.
Key skills required for this role
Strong C# Development skills. Ideally some experience in simulation systems.
An excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer to join a growing team of talented engineers working on Synthetic Environment and Simulation projects. The team undertakes a variety of work, ranging from prototyping and concept demonstrators to large-scale systems in support of military training, testing, evaluation and experimentation, and across Joint, Air, Land, and Maritime domains.
You will be responsible for the development of situational awareness, role-player and interoperability applications for live training exercises.
- Strong problem solving and engineering skills
- Excellent understanding of the software development life cycle
- Development experience using C#
- Experience in design and development of complex software projects
- Experience of Agile software engineering practices, e.g. Scrum, CI/CD, TDD, BDD, etc., and Azure DevOps
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with customers, stakeholders, and colleagues, in person and in writing
- Development experience using Java, Spring & React
- Experience developing training and / or simulation software in the defence or adjacent sectors
- User interface development experience
- Experience with distributed simulation standards such as DIS, HLA, SIMPLE
- Some understanding / appreciation or knowledge of synthetic environments, tactical datalinks (Link 16 or JREAP) and command & control concepts
- Experience with Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming training and simulation systems
- Experience with Maven & Ant