Find your future role
Electrical Design Engineer (Senior and Lead Engineer)
I am currently recruiting for multiple Electrical Design Engineer roles from Engineer to Senior to Lead Engineers. These roles are to be based in Cwmbran working for a exciting aircraft interiors company.
Key skills required for this role
Electrical Design experience
An Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for producing electrical installation models and detailed drawings. You will be using various software packages for new product and platform designs that meet company, regulatory and customer requirements.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
* 3D harness design, electrical schematics and block diagrams
* Responsible for the design and integration of electrical systems within aircraft seats to comply with company, regulatory and customer requirements
* Generating 2D/3D electrical installation and systems designs using CATIA V5 and PLM software.
* Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
* Design engineers will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, suppliers & OEM's
* Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole
* Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, etc)
* Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines
* From time to time, Design engineers must be prepared to undertake tasks outside of their normal duties as requested by their immediate supervisors
Ideally qualified to a minimum of a degree in an Electrical Engineering field. Alternatively, a HNC / HND or an equivalent qualification as part of an Electrical Apprenticeship.
Experience using 3D CAD & AutoCAD electrical software packages or equivalent
The applicant should have an understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of manufacturing processes, as well as OEM installation requirements.
Ability to read design drawings and specifications
Good communicator liaising with customers/airframers/suppliers and integrated programme team on a daily basis