Find your future role
ITS Engineer - Tunnel Technology
|Salary||£37,000 - £42,000/annum|
|Location||South East England, England|
Our client has an excellent opportunity for an ITS Engineer to undertake the identification of asset needs and develop early solutions for the Technology/Tunnels asset class, while assuring adherence to policies and standards.
Key skills required for this role
ITS highway technology tunnel systems electrical engineer
ITS, tunnel systems
This position will be based in Guildford, Maidstone or Basingstoke with hybrid working.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment.
What you'll be leading on
- Ensuring the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity
- Undertaking the identification and evaluation of asset data and needs in order to develop early solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria.
- Developing early solutions for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
- Monitoring the delivery of agreed early solutions and plans, liaising with the relevant teams to identify and/or rectify issues.
- To ensure that asset data and condition information is captured and maintained in the relevant database(s), in line with agreed standards and timescales.
To be successful you'll need
- Good understanding of the highway ITS sector
- Understanding of asset management decision making (capital investment, lifecycle costs, value optimisation, service & availability optimisation, social & economic knowledge)
- Good personal impact and the ability to inspire confidence and positive action
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong customer focus