Find your future role
Construction Project Manager
|City of Preston, England
|Contract 12 Months
Construction Project Manager- 12 month contract - Warton near Preston - £39.55ph UMB or £30.42ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
Key skills required for this role
construction project manager, project, construction, project manager
Construction Project Manager
As a Construction Project Manager, you will act as a client-side project manager to ensure successful delivery of the design, planning and construction of a wide range of facility upgrade and estates projects. These projects can vary and could include; key infrastructure upgrades, utilities installation or removal, building refurbishments, new buildings and installation of plant & equipment to provide manufacturing capability.
This role will provide you with a variety of work across all aspects of running a manufacturing environment and large secure industrial sites. This role could involve occasional travel within the UK. Overseas opportunities may arise if deemed necessary in the design or delivery of a project and is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge & experience.
- Liaising with both internal and external customers, engineering professionals, subject matter experts and professional consultancy support teams
- Interpreting the customer requirements, leading to the preparation of designs, implementing plans, specification approvals and financial business cases
- Safe management and co-ordination of onsite contractor activities
- Look after a range of suppliers in accordance with supplier management procedures to maximise the output, achieve customer satisfaction and ensure best value for the business
Providing budgetary and financial control
- Degree or HNC/D qualified in Construction or Building Services would be ideal, however other disciplines and experience within the Built Environment are welcome
- Experience in the built environment which may include disciplines such as; construction project management, civil engineering, structural engineering, fire engineering, architecture, mechanical, electrical, utilities and/or building services engineering or other built environment disciplines
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience in ensuring construction Health & Safety (NEBOSH General Certificate, IOSH, specific safety topic training)
Experience of managing contractors in full compliance with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You will need to obtain a BPSS check as part of this process. You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.