Find your future role
SHE Associate - Construction
|City of Preston, England
|Contract 12 months
SHE Associate - 12 month contract - Samlesbury - £25.68 ph UMB or £19.75 ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
Key skills required for this role
SHE, HSE, Health & Safety, H&S, Construction,
SHE Associate - Construction
The right candidate will have a proven track record of providing health, safety and environmental support within the construction industry. They will be a high calibre individual, well qualified, with excellent motivation, personal communication, and IT skills, with the ability to manage their own diary to provide suitable support.
What you'll be doing:
- Undertaking comprehensive Health & Safety inspections and audits on construction sites within a number of environments, ensuring compliance with regulations, standards, and BAE Systems Policy & Procedure.
- Reviewing Construction Phase Plans, Method Statements & Risk Assessments and support engineers in developing practical risk solutions in response to the findings.
- Providing expert advice and guidance to clients and project teams on Construction Health & Safety, ensuring compliance with industry requirements.
- Collaborating closely with clients, contractors, and stakeholders, fostering positive relationships and a collaborative approach to safety.
- Promoting awareness and enhance the safety culture.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends, changes in legislation, and emerging best practices, incorporating them into our services and providing innovating solutions.
Your skill & experience:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Construction Health & Safety, with a proven track record in delivering services in a similar role.
- NEBOSH (Construction) or equivalent qualification in occupational health and safety, additionally hold a Tech IOSH qualification or above, demonstrating a solid foundation of knowledge and expertise in Construction Health & Safety.
- Thorough understanding of Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 and other relevant legislation, regulations and industry standards, with the ability to interpret and apply them effectively.
- Excellent all-round knowledge of Construction HSE, Permit to Work, work at height, asbestos management and accident/incident prevention and investigation is essential.
- Strong analytical skills, enabling the identification of potential hazards and the development of practical risk management strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fostering positive relationships and effective collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Health & Safety management systems and software.
- Experience with CHAS, Safe Contractor, or similar construction accreditation schemes.
- Ability to work independently, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
Security Requirements: SC
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a BPSS check as part of this process. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
This role is for UK EYES ONLY
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.