Find your future role
Location: Midlands OR South East
Job Type: Full-Time Perm
Industry: Water Sector
Salary: Up to £55,000
Key skills required for this role
Electrical Authorising, Electrical Authorising Engineer
Electrical Authorising Engineer
My client is looking to strengthen their operations team with an Electrical Authorising Engineer. You will report directly to the Regional Delivery Lead and the responsibilities shall include:
- Supporting the H&S team in matters of electrical safety.
- Authorising and administration of electrical safety rules. Maintenance of rules in line with legislative, regulatory or industry changes.
- Providing professional and technical guidance on electrical construction & electrical contracting delivery.
- Owns, interprets, administers and monitors use of the JV LV Electrical Safety Rules.
- Ensuring that any amendments to the LV Electrical Safety Rules are brought to the attention of, and are understood by, all Responsible Persons, and Authorised Persons.
- Interview, train, competence assess and appoint potential Authorised Persons.
- Undertake Authorised Person audits.
- Conducts the audit set out in the Institute of Engineering and Technology's (IET) Code Of Practice for Electrical Safety Management annually or on significant change of the electrical management system
- Works with procurement staff to assist in the competence vetting of supply chain partners.
- Involvement with key stakeholders for related Safe Systems of Work such as Hydraulics and ATEX/DSEAR.
- Maintaining the identity and importance of the Electrical Safety Rules to the wider business. Electrical safety awareness training for PM's and Construction Managers.
- Attendance on the clients national Authorising Engineer review panels.
- Working with our supply chains in areas of quality management and review and comment upon NICEIC and BS7671 model forms of certification.
- Registered with a relevant engineering institution as a Chartered Engineer. Incorporated Engineer will be considered based on additional experience.
- 10 years on-site experience within the Electrical Installation industry.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience of working as an Authorising Engineer or an Electrical Site Supervisor.
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree. HND or HNC in Electrical Engineering or similar qualification will be considered based on additional experience.
- Good technical background with respect to Low Voltage systems (BS7671) and earthing systems (BS7430)
- HV awareness.
- Experienced in verifying safe systems of work
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of UK health and safety legislation and an ability to carry out risk assessments and propose actions for risk control/management
- IET Wiring Regulation - 18th Edition certification.