Find your future role
Systems Engineer - Airborne Anti-Submarine Warfare (AASW)
Our client have an exciting role for an experienced systems engineer with good knowledge of LabVIEW and MATLAB.
Key skills required for this role
Systems Engineering, AASW, Naval
Systems Engineer with experience of LabVIEW and MATLAB
We are looking for a highly motivated Systems Engineer / Applied Scientist to support a growing AASW team. AASW delivers to its clients a range of services across a broad spectrum of science and engineering disciplines including research and development, independent and technical specialist advice and independent test and evaluation.
Delivered from the Farnborough based centre of excellence, the AASW team is internationally renowned for the practical application of its deep-domain knowledge. The team works closely with its customers to design and implement advanced solutions to address real-world challenges. This includes the independent characterisation and performance evaluation of AASW acoustic systems requiring sensor simulation and aircraft stimulation with high fidelity test signals. The capability is supported by a deep understanding of acoustic processing systems and theory.
Accountabilities of the Systems Engineer
- Practical application of academic learning
- Problem solving and the application of science underpinned by a tailored life-cycle approach e.g. Systems/Software Engineering Lifecycle.
- Use of rapid-prototyping techniques to inform system design decisions.
- Self-motivated team member that takes ownership of tasking whilst operating collaboratively within a dynamic team.
- A desire to learn, broadening and sharing knowledge within this exciting domain is essential, to increase team expertise and resilience
- Software Engineering toolset - LabVIEW and MATLAB desirable.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Physics, Maths, Oceanography, Electronics or relevant engineering discipline.