Find your future role
Environmental & Sustainability Manager
Our client is looking for an experienced Environmental & Sustainability Manager to join their team on a rolling contract - this will be a 4 monthly rolling contract with the position to be required for up to 5 years.
Key skills required for this role
Environmental & Sustainability Manager
Location: Thetford + other UK sites on occasion
Duration: 4 monthly rolling contract (up to 5 years)
Rate: £58ph UMB (Inside IR35)
Due to the nature of the role, active SC clearance is required.
Our client is looking for an Environmental and Sustainability Manager (ESM) to join their team on a long term contract, of up to 5 years. This role is initially to support infrastructure upgrades across the end clients sites, and ensure UK and US regulations and standards are met across the portfolio.
US and UK Statutory and Mandatory regulations include:
- UK MoD Joint Service Publications (JSPs)
- MoD/DIO technical standards
- USAF, Unified Facilities Criteria (UFCs) and Air Force Regulations and pamphlets.
The post holder will be, or become, familiar with these standards and develop a sound working knowledge of them to provide tailored advice to the MPP USVF team.
- Provide advice and ensure all USVF personnel have an understanding of both UK and US standards.
- Working closely with project stakeholders.
- Providing key liaison with the wider UK governing bodies
- Where conflict between environmental or sustainability standards arises, the ESM will investigate to establish if there has been an agreed way forward in previous projects, or develop an appropriate solution.
- Where necessary the postholder will arrange and lead conversations between USVF and regulatory organisations to ensure adherence or establish appropriate interpretation to meet the most onerous requirements from the applicable UK and US standards and achieve accepted compliance to each.
- Provide advisory capacity to project teams when developing Invitation to Tender packages.
- Ensure information is co-ordinated and captured within the Regulatory Compliance team to document delivery best practice.
- Assist in stakeholder engagement forums where specialist environmental and sustainability advice is required to develop robust processes to evaluate compliance challenges and joint standard approval trackers.
- Provide presentations to senior stakeholders and organisations were required to highlight the proposals and seek approvals to proceed to engagement with regulatory bodies within the infrastructure specialism.
A significant part of the role will be to provide oversight of the clients supply chain to ensure they apply due diligence in the execution of their duties as either contractor/designers or Delivery Partners, to comply with environmental or sustainability legislation and departmental policy. All observations and reviews will be carried out in conjunction with the MPP USVF Regulatory Compliance Team assurance outputs and specifically consider environmental and sustainability requirements.
What we are looking for in you:
- Ability to prioritise, organise, identify issues, and proactively resolve them.
- Knowledge and understanding of UK engineering standards and regulations
- BSc Degree or Post Graduate qualification in related environmental, conservation or natural cultural discipline OR minimum related environmental experience at similar level.
- Experience of working in the Ministry of Defence and/or other Government Departments or Public Sector organisations
- Experience managing environmental policy, monitoring and compliance
- Knowledge and experience of working on installations occupied by a Host Nation and Visiting Force or similar, where regulations and standards of both countries apply.
- Knowledge and experience of designing and delivering new construction, refurbishment, and replacement projects in Defence related locations.
Apply today via the link provided!