Find your future role
Embedded Software Engineer
Do you want to be part of a business that was named the Most Admired Aerospace & Defence Company in the Britain's Most Admired Companies 2021 study!?
Key skills required for this role
Embedded C, C++, Embedded Software, FPGA, RF, electronics, DSP, Senior Software engineer
Candidates must be eligible for SC clearance
You'll also be joining a diverse, inclusive employer that's proud to provide a collaborative, open working environment. With our Adaptive approach, you'll enjoy the work-life balance that suits you best, thanks to remote, hybrid and flexible working practices.
What you'll be doing!
Embedded Software Engineering is a key technical discipline across all of the business units. You will be solving technically challenging problems and may work on a variety of projects, from rapid developments with tight time-scales (a few days/weeks) to full scale system developments (1+ years). You will work closely with specialists from across a number of disciplines which may include; RF, electronics and FPGA design, digital signal processing, secure products, navigation products and cryptography. You will also work throughout the engineering lifecycle, applying rigorous engineering practices; analysing, designing, implementing, testing, supporting and maintaining solutions that solve the mission-critical problems of our customers.
Varied career paths are therefore part of life with this company. You could specialise in a key skill or particular domain, or work on Software Engineering projects across the business.
Opportunities for mid-career Software Engineers
If you're a mid-career professional working in industry or the armed forces, you'll be applying your expertise right from day one. Whatever your specialism or background, you can expect ongoing development to help you excel and advance. This includes expert training and mentoring, with increased emphasis on self-development and on-the-job training.
Opportunities for highly experienced Software Engineers
As a Senior Software Engineer, you can expect specialist training and targeted mentoring to develop specific technical skills. If you have senior management potential, we'll spot and nurture it. However, to progress to more senior roles, you'll need to be an active member of an appropriate professional body.
- This offers varied, rewarding and interesting careers across a range of locations in the UK and overseas.
- The employer explores multiple domains of application - Air, Space, Land, Maritime, ISTAR, Weapons and Cyber Systems Engineering throughout the life cycle - from concept through development and operation to disposal.
- They have practitioners at all levels up to and including internationally recognised individuals. Our blended approach to learning means you'll have access to formal training, mentoring, assisted self-development and on the job training.
- Excel, and your potential will be spotted. Our continuing professional development covers all career stages and levels of seniority.
- With our Adaptive approach, you can work the way you want - flexibly, on-site, remotely or via hybrid working.