Find your future role
|£25,000 - £32,000/annum
Position: Installation Fitter
Job Type: Perm / Full Time
Location: Lichfield based, stay away required with accommodation and travel covered
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000 + overtime
Key skills required for this role
Installation Engineer, Installation, Mechanical Fitter
To install sewage treatment plant & equipment in accordance with the design under the direction of the Contract Engineer.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
These will include but not be confined to the following:
- Carry out installation of mechanical, electrical and minor civil engineering works on site.
- Ensure all relevant tooling, materials and job specific items are prepared in advance of site attendance.
- Liaise with customers and contractors on site.
- Attend site inductions.
- Carry out / attend and recording of daily tool box talks prior to starting work each day.
- Attend appropriate training courses which the company recognises as part of your duties.
- Effective team co-operation, with a requirement to work as and when required.
- Fault finding and rectification on completed installations.
- Ensure all works carried out are specification compliant and comply with health & safety, environment and other legislation.
- Attend site to carry out warranty, emergency and maintenance works including reasonable on call requirements.
- All staff are required to carry out their work safely and in accordance with the company's Business Management System, including Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental.
- Report daily to the Installation Manger on the progress of installation.
- Report any complications which may affect the delivery of the installation on time.
- Maintaining site tidiness and general good housekeeping throughout the site.
- Actively take part in Risk Assessment, COSHH assessment and all related Health and Safety issues.
- Completion of all job cards and timesheets to allow for monitoring of workload, performance etc.
- Demonstrate an ability to read, understand and work from technical drawings.
- Report all hazards / incidents / near misses.
- Maintain & stock vehicles as required.
- Time sheet completion.
- Mentor trainees and apprentice.
- To comply with the company's Health & safety policy & procedures, and take reasonable care of your own and others safety who may be affected by your work.