Find your future role
Retail Project Manager
|Ref no.||BHNRETAIL PM|
|Job type||Contract 6 months|
Looking for a IT project manager with exspriance in the Retail sector!
£550 a day inside IR35
Mostley remote would have to to southampton when required!
6 month contract
Key skills required for this role
IT Project manager in Retail
- Shape, define and initiate IT projects to meet business requirements and in line with IT project and product roadmaps.
- Negotiate and agree project objectives, scope, deliverables, timescales and budgets.
- Develop and maintain detailed and realistic project plans using appropriate tools. Identify and manage project dependencies and the critical path.
- Obtain approval for costs via IT Governance. Track and manage costs within the approved budget, flagging exceptions and obtaining further funds if required.
- Manage and co-ordinate the delivery of each stage of the project from the various providers and resources (business requirements, high level design, detailed design, build and test) to quality, time and budget.
- Monitor tasks, milestones and resources weekly against the project plan. Provide regular reports and updates in line with PMO requirements and business stakeholder requirements.
- Lead and motivate the project team, resolving any conflicts or people issues.
- Ensure control and engagement through project boards and steering groups as appropriate. Organise and run project meetings and "stand-ups" as required.
- Communicate and consult with IT and business stakeholders. Meet or exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Focus on meeting business benefits and objectives
- Identify, record, manage and mitigate risks, to prevent them becoming issues. Resolve issues, escalating as necessary.
- Carry out corrective action to deal with slippage, quality issues or over-spend.
- Manage changes in project scope or requirements, negotiating as necessary with business stakeholders.
- Ensure solutions are fully tested - including functional, regression, user acceptance, performance and end-to-end testing as required.
- Ensure controlled and successful implementation to the business, including all necessary hardware, software, data, training and communication.
- Provide smooth transfer of solutions into the production environment and applications support and close the project down.
- Track record of delivery of mainly applications and/or software delivery projects, in a
fast-moving and demanding environment.
- Delivery of projects of small to medium size and complexity, or a portfolio of smaller
- Excellent communicator, team player and influencer.
- Excellent planning, issue resolution and risk mitigation skills.
- Organised and supportive of process but also flexible and able to make
- Motivated, resilient and calm under pressure
- Prince2 / MSP qualified or experienced in PM methodology
- Retail or corporate systems experience a distinct advantage
- Experience of international projects advantageous
- Understands and is committed to the Business and very user-focussed.