- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
The Company is in the business of building quality ships at the primary site is Halifax, Canada. The company is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard.
Reporting into the Area Manager, the Steelwork Supervisors will have the following responsibilites:
- Plan, organize, and coordinate work of employees on crew
- Assign work, set expectations and accountability for completion
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work is completed within budgeted parameters
- Assign and status jobs/coordinate operational schedule
- Adhere to labour contract and ensure compliance
- Communicate with other supervisors to help achieve and maintain smooth work flow and a high degree of productivity
- Foster an environment that is focused on safety and recommend process improvement initiatives
- Comply with all company procedures
Proven supervisory experience in a shipbuilding production environment is essential
Applicable trade experience in an industrial, mechanical, manufacturing or shipbuilding environment is required
Completion of some College / CEGEP / Vocational or Technical Training would be preferred
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Problem solving skills and ability to lead and manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- 6 qualities of a successful Production Supervisor
What does it take to become a successful Production Supervisor? Louise Lees, Maritime Recruitment Specialist, describes the...
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...