- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior/Principal Hydraulic Modeller
My client is looking for a Senior/Principal Hydraulic Modeller based in Brighton on a Permanent basis.
You will work closely with the engineering teams on wastewater and drainage studies, from feasibility through to detailed design stages. You will act in an advisory role across the UK and international markets, operating with a high degree of autonomy and self-reliance. You will also provide technical guidance and support to our clients, and other divisions within the Group, as well as potentially leading and managing a team of modellers, technicians and analysts. They can offer an exciting range of project work, and a highly collaborative and supportive environment within which to further develop your career.
- Qualified to degree level, and Chartered (or working towards Chartership) - Innovative thinker - Effective communicator, able to put across your ideas in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports, and able to explain modelling issues and techniques to non-modelling professionals - Significant experience of:
- InfoWorks CS / ICM
- Model build, verification and solution development
- Scoping and managing manhole, CCTV and flow surveys
- Flood alleviation schemes
- GIS software (preferably MapInfo)
- Reviewing and checking the work of others
The ideal candidate will also have experience of:
- Resource management / line management
- Project management of modelling projects
- Pricing and programming scopes of work
- Integrated ID / 2D modelling
- Water quality modelling
- Sewer rehabilitation
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Construction sector growth set to create more jobs
The UK construction sector looks set to grow in the back half of this year and into next. Find out what this means for job o...
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...