- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior/Principal Hydraulic Modeller
My client is looking for a Senior/Principal Hydraulic Modeller based in Brighton on a Permanent basis.
You will work closely with the engineering teams on wastewater and drainage studies, from feasibility through to detailed design stages. You will act in an advisory role across the UK and international markets, operating with a high degree of autonomy and self-reliance. You will also provide technical guidance and support to our clients, and other divisions within the Group, as well as potentially leading and managing a team of modellers, technicians and analysts. They can offer an exciting range of project work, and a highly collaborative and supportive environment within which to further develop your career.
- Qualified to degree level, and Chartered (or working towards Chartership) - Innovative thinker - Effective communicator, able to put across your ideas in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports, and able to explain modelling issues and techniques to non-modelling professionals - Significant experience of:
- InfoWorks CS / ICM
- Model build, verification and solution development
- Scoping and managing manhole, CCTV and flow surveys
- Flood alleviation schemes
- GIS software (preferably MapInfo)
- Reviewing and checking the work of others
The ideal candidate will also have experience of:
- Resource management / line management
- Project management of modelling projects
- Pricing and programming scopes of work
- Integrated ID / 2D modelling
- Water quality modelling
- Sewer rehabilitation
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- The skills it takes to become a 3D Modeller in rail
With projects such as HS2 and Crossrail demanding niche engineering skills such as 3D Modelling, ED Murison, Senior Rail Spe...