- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Embedded Linux Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Embedded Linux Kernel Software Engineer to join an established and growing team in the Internet of Things Domain.
The ideal candidate will get the chance to work on cutting edge products in the IOT Interconnected Embedded Systems Product Sector.
This opportunity is ideal for an Engineer with experience of Embedded Linux Design and Development, Kernel Programming and experience working at the Device Driver level is desirable. It offers candidates the chance to extend their career across an impressive range of Embedded Electronics products.
The skillset requirements are as follows:
- Degree, or equivalent experience in electronics or software
- C/C++ programming experience with Linux at kernel building and device driver development level
- Experience with Linux Networking Configuration (iptables, routing, cellular, wifi)
- Knowledge of security techniques and best practices
- Excellent programming skills (C, Shell Scripting)
- Experience of developing low level software
- Experience with GCC/GNU Linux tool chain and cross compiling
- Comfortable with version control and release management e.g. Git
If you are interested to know more, please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?