- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a Project leader to manager multiple projects through the NPI process.
This role will be working for a aerospace company at our client in Reading.
To manage multiple concurrent projects to a successful outcome by making the best use of the Company's resources and working with the functional departments (Sales, Design engineering, Manufacturing engineering, Operations and Quality).
- You will be allocated multiple projects for which you will be responsible.
- For your allocated projects you will:
- Be responsible for coordinating project activity within the Company, liaising both internally with sales, design, operations and quality departments, together with external customers.
- Create and maintain the project charter.
- Create and maintain the project schedule, with input from functional departments, to best satisfy the project requirements.
- Manage action logs and execute the risk management process.
- Monitor project costs, schedules, task completion and deliveries against the project plan.
- Report current status and escalate potential problem areas on a regular basis to the management team.
- Take action to assure the successful completion of the project, including expediting any internal and external activities which may put the planned schedule at risk.
- Comply with the site New Product Introduction processes
- Coordinate project change proposals with the customer.
- Act as the primary communication link with the customer and be able to communicate with the customer regarding any aspect of the programme, seeking support from the relevant functional departments as required. Such aspects include design features, quality systems, manufacturing processes and delivery plans.
- Be responsible for organising customer visits in support of the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a project management role.
- A degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic engineering or related discipline is preferred.
- To meet the requirements of this role you should have:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills to allow you to work effectively with the project teams and stakeholders, and to be used effectively in handling customer relations in a positive manner regardless of the situation.
- The ability to grasp technical detail and ideally have spent some time in an engineering design and manufacturing environment.
- The ability to write reports and produce high quality documentation.
- IT skills, including Microsoft Office with a strong focus on Project, Excel and Word.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.