- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are looking for a Quality Engineer to join their Product and Investigation team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. They are a global company who sell a range of products to market.
To ensure customer needs and feedback drives the ongoing safety, development and improvement of our products and ranges. The engineer role monitors, investigates & responds to product feedback or concerns to mitigate customer and business risk. Using their expert knowledge, the role ensures compliance to company requirements, collaborating by sharing information in a timely manner with relevant parties.
ACCOUNTABILITIES - ACTIVITIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Ensure rapid response to WFS and other significant time/business critical situations ensuring suitable containment of risk to the business.
- On obtaining correct information and/or the product return, investigate issues thoroughly and in a timely manner, sharing information with relevant parties and seeking advice from experts where necessary.
- Manage relationships with external parties, e.g. appropriate independent laboratories/ consultancies.
- Produce concise and clear incident reports within the agreed timelines.
- Support development of investigation and risk assessment methods/standard operating procedures, working with group colleagues to ensure best practice is shared.
- Produce clear risk assessments using the approved model where required.
- Support activity to notify and execute responses to investigation outputs such as withdrawal from sale or recalls.
- Support and develop working relationships with the market to ensure that local Customer Needs, Returns and Claims are resolved effectively.
- Seek out corrective actions/product improvements related to incidents as required and follow up to ensure implementation with Feedback Analysts, Sourcing Offices, Specification Engineers and Process Engineers.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to support ensuring compliance to local policies, laws and their updates relating to products.
- Use their expertise to process and respond to other technical and aftersales support queries concisely and clearly (from all parties) in a timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong technical engineering background.
- Ensure measured approach to incidents - able to conduct investigations in a thorough, but rapid and professional manner.
- Passionate about customer needs with hands on appreciation of current problems faced by our customers
- Excellent communication ability to be able to explain technical product differences to non-technical decision makers - good presentation skills for customer needs
- Good IT skills, especially in MS Office (Excel & PowerPoint
- Highly self-motivated
- Used to working in a transverse cross functional manner across global operating companies
- Technical report writing
- Knowledge of governance processes
- Passionate about product and brand development
- A passion for DIY with hands-on use of the products in their category area
- Ideally Degree/BACC in Engineering or very relevant product.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.