- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to work at our aerospace client in Loudwater,
Purpose of Role
To develop manufacturing methods, processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, quality control and safety standards to efficiently deliver manufactured products, to agreed time and cost targets. To assist Procurement with the development of a robust supplier base on projects allocated to him/her.
Drive continuous improvement in production; using lean techniques, to reduce non-value added activity. To Participate in the Design Review Process, to ensure that designs are optimised, for manufacture, assembly, test and supportability.
- To plan and co-ordinate New Product Introductions, working closely with other members of the project team, to ensure delivery to customer deadlines. Develop Manufacturing Plans, detailing: layout of production area, workflow, process maps, cycle times, resourcing requirements, capital equipment, tooling, handling equipment, operator training and workstation design.
- To plan and co-ordinate tooling, test and capital equipment required for production. This will include submissions for Capital Expenditure. In addition,
- Formulating preventative maintenance schedules for production equipment to minimise stoppages.
- Create Routing information on ERP system; detailing routing steps and standard times.
- Create accurate estimates for manufacturing times (including assembly, wiring, testing and inspection) for proposed new products, to be submitted as part of the bid activity.
- Create Assembly Instructions and Work Instructions to ensure uniform, repeatable practices are followed by production.
- To critique and troubleshoot designs, providing feedback to project teams and engineering, specifically where inefficiencies in the manufacturing process are detected.
- Support Production, to achieve on-time delivery of customer orders. Attend daily standups and also liaise with suppliers on manufacturing related issues.
- To support Quality in the resolution of non-conformances, ensuring minimum disruption to production. Furthermore, working with the wider cross functional team to investigate root causes and to implement preventive actions.
- To support the development of the supply chain for a project, by dealing with any technical queries and assist Suppliers with the productionisation of purchased components.
- To drive process improvements to ensure the most efficient, cost effective working methods are employed by implementing LEAN tools and techniques (eg 8D, 5S and Process Mapping).
- To be responsible for the ESD (Electro Static Discharge) compliance of production and test areas.
- Ensure Safe working environment in line with the business Health and Safety procedures and UK Law. Ensuring H&S Risks are adequately addressed.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- HNC/Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing Environment
- Experience of modern manufacturing techniques
- Experience of using ERP systems
- Lean/ Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience of using Lean Techniques to make efficiency improvements
- Ability to investigate new approaches and manage change
- Experience in creating routings and setting standard manufacturing times
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Problem solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.