- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
DE&S Section Engineer
An interesting and unique job opportunity for a Section Engineer has become available within Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S), based at Marshall Aerospace, Cambridge, as part of the C130J Hercules Delivery Team.
As a core member of the team, you will perform a pan-desk role within DE&S's Engineering Function, working with the Avionics, Propulsion and Airframe trade desks.
Responsibilities of the post will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Pan-desk responsibility and accountability, as Letter of Airworthiness Authority holder
- Management of equipment hazards
- Management of staffing of modifications
- Authorising Special Instructions (Technical)
- Amending the Air System Document Set
- Management of aircraft maintenance extensions
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- You will have Engineering experience from within the aerospace industry
- You will be an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or working at this level and willing to apply through a recognised Engineering Institution within 3 - 6 months of commencement of the post
- You will hold a relevant Level 4 (or higher) qualification or equivalent experience
- You will be a confident and engaging communicator and happy working with senior stakeholders
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.