- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Glasgow Skilled Trades People Required!
Matchtech are recruiting for a number of Skilled Trades-people for a large MOD contractor to assist with the build of the new T26 ships in Glasgow.
Skilled Trades-people (Platers, Pipefitters, Joiners, Sheet Metal Workers and Welders) - 3-6 month contract - Glasgow - £15.31p/h PAYE - £24.01p/h Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Range of rates given is Local PAYE to Non Local Umbrella. Exact rates will be discussed with your consultant before an application is made.
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
Working as a Skilled Trades-person on a large scale marine project for one of the largest defence contractors in the UK. You will be assisting with the new build of T26 ships, based in the Govan/Scotstoun shipyards. You will be working a minimum 37 hour week, with overtime and shift options available (Dayshift, Nightshift, Weekend shift).
Trade Tests will be completed before a start date is given and all course dates are paid (IOSH, Working at Heights, Confined Spaces).
- Be eligible for BPSS clearance and willing to fill out the paperwork
- Have a relevant qualification in your Trade-type (City and Guilds, SVQ, NVQ, Apprenticeship or equivalent)
- Ideally you will have some experience within a shipyard environment or a heavily regulated industry
If you are interested in this role please apply with your most up to date CV, and your qualification certificate (in one document). If this role is not suitable, please feel free to send it to a friend/colleague.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.