- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
My Client is recruiting for a Quality Engineer in the Water Sector
You will primarily be based in High Wycombe. However, national, and international travel will be required at times.
The primary responsibility of the Quality Engineer will be to provide technical support to the Quality department, from supplier to end user, to ensure all Company products are manufactured and delivered to the highest quality standards, in line with customers expectations.
Key Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Provide first contact technical support for all product related issues within the QC department.
- Support the supply chain management process through the identification, investigation, and robust resolution of all component quality issues. Working closely with suppliers to improve performance and reliability.
- Comprehensive investigation and effective resolution of any product quality issues that are identified throughout the manufacturing facility, or within service.
- Manage to full resolution all non-conforming product issues throughout the manufacturing facility, including measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Adopting lean six sigma methodology, champion the identification and introduction of new methods, equipment, and techniques to facilitate business continuous improvement.
- Design, develop, and maintain any tooling, jigs, fixtures, or test automation that can add value to the business.
- Direct involvement in new product development and engineering handover process, including the early generation of a quality plan for each project.
- Coordinates tasks for the team and may check on quality and work progress. May act as coach/mentor.
- Supervision of Goods Inwards Inspection team, assigning work and managing performance.
- Full authority on assessing QC staff competency across testing of product range.
- Lead online and offline projects relating to quality issues or continuous improvement opportunities.
- Authority for the review and approval of all controlled documentation output within the Quality department.
Qualification and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a Quality engineering role or frequent involvement with quality related issues.
- HND, Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the processes and procedures involved within an ISO9001 manufacturing business.
- Proven ability to introduce significant improvement strategies within business.
- Good verbal and written comprehension across all staff levels.
- Practical, hands on approach to tasks.
- Flexible and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Disciplined and organised approach to tasks with the ability to effectively manage workload and prioritise.
- Excellent attention to detail and thoroughness
- Ability to work in a cohesive motivated team.
- Strong IT skills, covering word processing & spreadsheet applications, with experience of digitization and data logging advantageous.
- Recognised Electrical safety / awareness course.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience leading & providing technical based training.
- Involvement in New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Generation of Quality Plans.
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques.
- Working knowledge and experience of 3D CAD software, preferably Creo Parametric.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.