- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client owns and operates the Purfleet fuel storage terminal. This is where they store petrol and diesel. This is a long-term full time contract job where full training will be provided.
The job of an Operations Technician is based outdoors and includes a diverse range of manual tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Fuel sampling
- Tank dipping / tank roof drains / tank water draw offs
- Tank bund draining / jet washing loading bays and bay filters
- Changing bay filters / skimming of the site interceptor
- Visual tank and bund inspections / fire extinguisher checks
- Winterisation - gritting of paths / safety showers tests
- Monthly building water temperature tests / fire pump checks
- Shipping duties / jetty operations including offloading fuel (where applicable)
- Overseeing third party contractors including tanker drivers
- Security duties
- Basic admin tasks associated with all of the above e.g. update seal log, water draw off log, contamination check sheets etc)
The key skills and attributes we are looking for include initiative, drive, energy and determination to work outdoors as part of a team providing support to storage terminal staff. This is a physically active hands-on role involving many manual tasks and the job will include some working at height. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of working safely, i.e. working to safe working practices / safe systems of work. Candidates must have good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, and you must be competent in the use of standard desktop systems, e.g. Word and Outlook.
The job will involve working shift patterns which will include weekends and occasional nights. Full details will be provided upon application.
Candidates must live within 45 minutes commute of the storage terminal and must have a driving licence to be able to drive vehicles on site.