- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Software Engineer - Sensor Platform
Vivacity Labs are rolling out thousands of sensors across the UK and looking for an experienced Software Engineer - Sensor Platform to help build the technology to create a new "operating system" for cities.
Software Engineer - Sensor Platform
Kentish Town, London
At Vivacity, we make cities smarter. We gather real-time data from our sensors to reduce congestion, spot dangerous manoeuvres on the road to improve safety, and support autonomous vehicles.
Using Reinforcement Learning techniques at the forefront of academic and research thinking, we optimise traffic lights to prioritise cyclists and improve air quality. To support this, we gather anonymised data through simple, efficient, and affordable Computer Vision based sensors.
All our solutions are community-centric, using 'privacy by design' principles. Our ultimate goal is to make the European vision of a Smart City - one which makes the city work effectively, for the community.
About the role
Salary range: £45,000-65,000
The production engineering teams at Vivacity produce tools to administer our advanced sensor network, implement pipelines processing huge volumes of traffic data, build beautiful dashboards, and manage our world-leading AI systems controlling critical traffic infrastructure.
You will join one of our agile, 5-7 person teams, working with modern languages including Golang, and building on top of cutting-edge infrastructure such as Kubernetes, Kafka and TimescaleDB.
You will participate in extensive code reviews, pair programming, and contribute towards comprehensive testing. You will also have the opportunity to take ownership of products and shape their future.
You are an experienced software engineer with strong technical and teamwork skills. You are familiar with modern software development methodologies and comfortable working in an agile environment.
Vivacity welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds and embraces diversity within our teams. If you are in any doubt as to whether you would be a good fit, please get in touch, or apply anyway and we will get back to you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Requirements for the role
- 3 years of professional software development experience
- Experience working with Golang
- Enjoy learning and picking up new technologies, frameworks and skills
- Like brainstorming and collaboratively solving open problems
The following would further strengthen an application
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Science/Engineering
- Experience of Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus and Kafka
- Experienced in test driven development and familiar with common DevOps tools and CI/CD processes
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience working in an Agile software team
We offer flexible working policies and a benefits package that includes a personal development budget, an annual company away trip, and regular, varied events. This is an exciting opportunity to take an active part in shaping the future of an energetic company dedicated to revolutionising the way our cities work.
Recruitment contact: Rhys Shelley T: 07521 179577 E: