- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
To assess, schedule and permit defects received in liaison with supervisors, as appropriate for all priorities of works. To ensure defects are attended/repaired within required contractual timescales.
Management of Enquiries
- Receiving and logging defects from the Police, inspectors and Client call centre by phone and email
- Assess all enquiries against the defect guidance and relevant intervention levels to determine appropriate response timescale
- Reassign wrongly routed enquiries to the appropriate enquiry subject
- Close down enquiries that do not need to be actioned with the appropriate resolution code, for example duplicated enquiries, intervention levels not met, private property etc.
- Proactively support the management of enquiries with other, priorities and in workstreams.
- To continually liaise with operational supervisors to discuss workload and resource available
- Locate the most appropriate gang based on proximity, skill set and availability and alert them of the job by telephone
- Ensuring all relevant information is provided to the gang, including due time, job/enquiry number and full location and description
- Commit defects and orders.
- Raise Section 81 requests as required and distribute results to all relevant parties.
- Raise Parking Suspension requests and schedule installation/removal of enforcement notices
- Scheduled works to ensure they are complete ahead of their due date.
- Ensure appropriate permits are applied for where necessary in accordance with the relevant Permit Scheme
- To ensure appropriate traffic management is resourced and available to carry out the works
- Ensure job/permit stops and starts are exported within time and correct any errors as necessary.
Monitoring of Works
- To liaise with crew during works/responses and provide any additional support as necessary, ie provision of specialist supply chain partners, addition equipment, TM etc.
- To continually monitor "live" jobs to ensure their completion within timescales
- To carry out a daily review of incomplete jobs
- To review performance reports and action as required
- Carry out daily review of follow on works and action as appropriate
- Collate information from supervisors to update and distribute a rota on a weekly basis
- During the winter period, relay winter maintenance instructions to the winter services supervisors immediately upon receipt
- To actively foster a positive staff morale
- To willingly carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of management
- To manage all works with Health and Safety as a priority consideration and within the guidelines of the Traffic Management Act (TMA) Street Works Requirements
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Assist the Customer Services team and Customer Service Centre to resolve queries through the provision of information on request
- Engage with the Supervisors to ensure a joined up approach to management of the network and effective use of traffic management and enable them to apply for TTROs within prescribed timescales
- Monitor Hub inbox correspondence to ensure timely action
- Ensure all utility faults are raised and actioned appropriately
- Record and report ICT issues to the relevant team.
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Lighting Team
- Provide Stat Plans of utilities to the Operations and Schemes teams upon request
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.