- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Lead Systems Engineer
Our client are a leading defence technology consultancy seeking an experienced engineer to work closely with a key customer on requirements elicitation and management as well as supplier assurance and technical delivery oversight.
About the role
The ideal candidate will be capable of executing technical leadership both within this and other related opportunities.
The Technical Lead provides technical assurance to all aspects of the technical delivery and works closely with the Client's project teams and Supplier(s). Indicative duties will include:
- Lead technical assurance of specific projects, including;
- Shaping requirements, acceptance and evaluation criteria;
- Technical assessment of Suppliers' proposals;
- Monitoring delivery and technical risk of projects;
- Technical review of deliverables.
- Client facing activity to influence and capture the future task pipeline;
- Guide and monitor a number of Technical Advisors within the PMO;
- Lead the Cross Lot Technical Forum to identify and learn shared lessons;
- Contribute to continuous process improvement within the PMO;
- Liaise with DSTL technical leads
- Clearly communicate technical concepts and issues to stakeholders
- Advise the Programme Manager on demand signal and supplier capabilities
- Support Roke leadership in identifying required team skills for successful delivery
- Lead a team of Technical Advisors
- Conduct project specific tasks to high quality and on time
- Degree qualified or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience working within or with DSTL or similar bodies.
- Clear and concise communication, both written and orally
- Experience with technical project planning
- Broad understanding of sensing modalities e.g. EO/IR, ES, SAR, LiDAR
- Broad understanding of sensor data processing e.g. DRI, ML, tracking & fusion
- Trials experience
- Hardware development to TRL6
- Understanding of sensor data and/or sensor management standards
- Knowledge of multi-domain ISR doctrine
- Experience of working with Open Source technologies & Human Intelligence (HUMINT)
- Experience in any of the following:
- C4ISR, space systems, and synthetic environments.