- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
RF DSP Engineer
Our client are a leading defence technology business with an exciting role for an RF / DSP design engineer looking to progress their career
Your projects will be diverse - working with varying clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new approaches & solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
You will be part of a stimulating, collaborative and driven team that offers you autonomy, challenge, and strong sense of purpose. Depending on the project, there will be opportunities to demonstrate technology to customers and support customer test and acceptance.
You will have a foundation of knowledge across signal processing hardware, firmware and software, RF receivers, and testing of hardware items in design and in production. Ideally, you will have experience with software defined radios.
Why We Want You
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
- Develop and test radio frequency circuits
- Develop algorithms and embedded software
- Develop and maintain production test fixtures, procedures
- Maintain and adapt our designs to optimise them for production
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for project deliverables and contribute to bids
- Provide technical support to customer meetings
- Apply and scale software engineering processes effectively
- Identify and collaborate with all stakeholders
- Knowledge and practical experience of:
- Radio Frequency circuits
- DSP algorithm development
- FPGA development
- Embedded C/C++
- Debugging and fault finding
- Knowledge of software defined radio systems
- Experience of Python in the use of test scripts and/or post-data processing
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.