- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Avionics In- Service Support Engineer
Looking to work for a Global High Tech company? The business are key players in the Aerospace and Defence sector and are already very busy across 2021!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
The company are looking for an Avionics, In- Service Support Engineer to join a dynamic team where you will be providing Customer Support for the resolution of in-service avionics, software and data issues.
The role is effectively an Engineering, In- Service Support Role which will include problem investigation and resolution, future prevention and cross-platform implementation and communication.
As an Avionics, In- Service Support Engineer you will work closely with a range of teams within the organisation, such as; Material Services, Aircraft Services, Customer Service Management, Support Solution Development and New Business.
- A formal engineering qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- Background / Experience technically in Electronics / Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in a In -Service Support role, or working in a similar field service or support function.
- Experience in more or one of the following areas: Service Engineering, Fault Investigation, Repair, Design, Maintenance, Technical Publications, Product Improvements, Reliability and / or Maintainability.
- The aptitude to collect, collate, analyse and present complex technical information clearly and concisely in writing and verbally.
- Good communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all relevant levels within a company, such as suppliers and customers including the ability to control meetings.
- The drive and motivation to work in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team.
- The capability to build long-term relationships/partnerships with internal and external specialists/suppliers to maximise business effectiveness.
- Experience working in the Defence, or Safety regulated industry (Highly desirable: Background in Avionics, Aviation or Aerospace.)
- Knowledge of applicable UK MoD defence standards and aircraft support procedures is desirable.
- Software experience is desirable.
For full information, please get in touch!
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.