- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
IT Service Manager
We are recruiting for an IT Service Manager to join our client to work within the Rail and Infrastructure industry to work from London, Midlands and/or home
We have ambitious growth plans in this area including moving beyond consultancy-based services and towards products and managed services as part of our end-to-end asset management service philosophy. We are backing this with investment to rapidly grow our staff capability and capacity and to develop new products and services. Our services span into other sectors in the UK and globally across SNC-Lavalin, leveraging existing strategic partnerships with leading asset management system providers.
Our Digital Asset Management Practice forms part of the 900-person strong UK Consultancy Practice within the Transportation Division and is responsible for working with our strategic markets to win and subsequently deliver Digital Enterprise Asset Management projects across the Highways and Rail sectors in the UK and Europe. Our clients include Highways England, Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, Local Authorities, Department for Transport, Network Rail, HS2, TfL and TfGM. We provide a digitally enabled offering, through a range of advisory, delivery and managed services which are tailored to these sectors, building on the expertise.
This role is to manage the day to day service delivery of our digital offerings to clients whilst continuously improving the service delivery approach.
A team-player with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with individuals across many disciplines and different levels of management. You will possess exceptional planning, organisational and time management skills, along with the ability to manage competing resources and priorities. You will proactively lead on developing BAU processes and practices and iteratively strive to continuously improve how we provide IT services to clients.
The IT Service Manager is responsible for:
- Managing client relationships with regards to client service offerings.
- Ensuring that client service offerings are managed effectively through a rigorous change management process.
- Ensuring that new service offerings are effectively documented, and seamlessly rolled-out to clients.
- Supporting bid and proposal work to understand ongoing service needs and costs.
- Working closely with clients to facilitate in resolving any issues that arise.
- Developing a set of standards and procedures for service management based on industry standard approaches.
- Working closely with developers, system testers and analysts to ensure that new service offerings are developed with adequate high-availability provision.
- Working closely with hosting providers to ensure service reliability.
- Relevant Degree.
- ITIL certification.
Essential Criteria -
- Experience in working with external clients to effectively manage service design and delivery.
- Excellent understanding of relevant ITIL processes (Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Management).
- Good knowledge of cloud-based technologies (Azure preferred).
- Experience in managing SaaS offerings to clients.
Desirable Criteria -
- Experience in using Agile development processes.
- Experience working with IOT devices, ICS and/or SCADA system components.
- Experience working in heavy infrastructure domains to support Asset Management (e.g. Highways, Rail Utilities, Oil & Gas, Highways).
- Understanding of Enterprise Asset Management technology solutions (preferably one of Ellipse, Maximo, SAP or Oracle).