- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Fibre PON Engineer
Reporting to the Supervisor you will be employed to install, connect and test optical fibre cable in the provision of PON (Passive Optical Networks) and spine routes on the Openreach external network.
- Complete intrusive surveys ('rodding and roping') on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages and establish clear cable routes.
- Assess CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal) locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
- Produce A55 (Built) diagrams
- Install sub-duct and blow fibre cable on spine routes.
- Pull 6 core fibre cable on Passive Optical Network routes.
- Introduce fibre to nodes and CBT's (Connectorised Block Terminals)
- Build and create nodes (fibre cable joints).
- Splice and test external fibre cable.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 2
- SA001, SA002, S8
- Driving licence