- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Estates & Valuation Surveyor
Our client, Reading Borough Council are seeking to appoint to a Senior Property Estates & Valuation Surveyor position on a permanent basis. For more information please call Adam @ Matchtech on 01489 898881.
Here in Reading, we're looking forward to an exciting and growing future. Already one of Europe's strongest performing economies, we've ambitious plans to develop further still. At Reading Borough Council, our forward-thinking teams are driving that development, bringing a real entrepreneurial spirit as we put our innovative vision for a smart and sustainable Reading into place. In return, we give those teams all the support and development we can to thrive as they make a positive difference for our communities.
About the role
You will be joining a developing team undertaking the full range of estates and valuation functions in managing Reading Borough Council's diverse and interesting property and land portfolio. You will manage a function that delivers all aspects of Estate Management, including:
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Managing lease events (Landlord & Tenant) - e.g. renewals, rent reviews, etc
- Valuations for statutory and non-statutory purposes including asset valuations, insurance valuations, and right to buys.
- Team management, including line management responsibilities.
We're keen to speak to dynamic, ambitious Surveyors with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience who also have:
- Experience of dealing with a broad spectrum of different property types, including commercial, residential and community.
- Experience of line management (staff) and budget management
- Some experience of asset management work within a Local Authority portfolio and/or the private sector is desirable
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you'll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement