- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Sustainable Transport Planner - Zero Emissions Network
Senior Sustainable Transport Planner to work with our partners and stakeholders to improve air quality in the borough by joining the Zero Emissions Network (ZEN) team.
Based within the Borough's Neighbourhoods and Housing Directorate, the Streetscene Service was established to make Borough cleaner, safer and more accessible for residents, businesses and visitors.
We are now looking for a Senior Sustainable Transport Planner to work with our partners and stakeholders to improve air quality in the borough by joining our Zero Emissions Network (ZEN) team.
We are the lead borough for ZEN, a cross-borough partnership with 2 other neighbouring boroughs.
The Senior Sustainable Transportation Officer that we are recruiting for would be overseeing the functions of ZEN and the ZEN officers from the other 2 boroughs.
ZEN officers are ambassadors for the ZEN programme, they recruit businesses and residents to the network, and enable these businesses to take action to reduce any negative impact their business may have on air quality and other environmental issues.
Providing technical support and guidance both to SMEs and our partners in the neighbouring boroughs, you will ensure transport related emissions are lowered, contributing to a cleaner, safer environment for the community while helping businesses cut their energy costs.
- You will have project management experience and the ability to oversee high profile programmes and events.
- You will have the ability to plan, manage and monitor projects and programmes of work, including ability to act on your own initiative and meet deadlines.
- You will contribute significantly to diverse projects from conception, through to implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- You may be responsible for managing special research and/or corporate initiatives undertaken by the team.
- You will deputise for the Principals Sustainable Transport Planner as required.
- You will have previous experience managing others.
- You will take responsibility for the supervision of staff and contribute towards staff training, development and performance.
- You will have the ability to successfully organise and prioritise the workload of team members as you will be involved in establishing individual's work programmes and targets, and be responsible for ensuring their achievement.
- You will have demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, as you will act as a senior expert spokesperson on issues related to the ZEN programme and will be presenting evidence to local forums within a diverse community, negotiating with partners, and writing technical reports and other correspondence.
- You will ensure that communications with colleagues, Council Members, the public and others are dealt with to an exceptional standard.
- You will have an understanding of marketing techniques, behaviour change initiatives and issues surrounding sustainable transport within an urban environment.
- You will have an understanding of business-to-business engagement and the drive and creativity to initiate new partnerships.
- You will be a team player and a team leader with a high level of initiative and able to prioritise work and lead others.
- You will have an eagerness to adapt to new technology and must be able to attend meetings outside normal working hours.